TWN W4 and PuRE-Net meet in London next month
Everything is gearing up to welcome delegates to London for the 2013 meeting of the Worldwide Workplace Web which this year for the first time combines a meeting of The Workplace Network and the PuRE-Net – the public real estate network in Europe.
It’ll be a unique opportunity for the leaders and future leaders of our networks to get together and share ideas and experiences including
- Creating efficient, effective and sustainable workplaces
Managing major public sector projects
Stimulating growth in the economy using the public sector estate
Capturing the legacy of international public event
Simon, Sherin and the team in the Government Property Unit are looking forward to welcoming nearly 40 delegates from 13 different organisations worldwide spanning the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia
Read the Results: TWN PuRE-Net Survey 2013
- Turkey, Mexico and Italy are by far the largest portfolios in terms of area including vast areas of land, roads, coastline and cultural properties
- 20 of 22 organisations manage administrative offices. The next most prevalent types of property in our networks are museums, courts, police, laboratories and cultural heritage
- Average vacancy rate across the networks is around 4%
- 16 of 21 organisations have undergone significant organisational change in the last year: merger, new functions, new strategies, change of Ministry or CEO
- 7 organisations have grown whereas 5 have reduced staff numbers. 9 have remained static
- Workplace utilisation and improving data management systems are the two most widely used efficiency strategies
- Centralising strategies, vacancy management and rationalisation follow as the next most widely used strategies
Read the full Survey results on the TWN website (Members only)
What is The Workplace Network
The Workplace Network is an exclusive, global community of senior executives in public-sector real estate. Our members are leaders and decision makers from public-sector real estate organizations worldwide: from public corporations, ministries and government agencies spanning 17 organisations in 13 different countries.
Together, we develop partnerships and exchange ideas, strategies and solutions on everything from public policy and strategic recruitment to sustainability and innovative officing. By putting our international knowledge and expertise together, we create innovative solutions and opportunities in public-sector real estate for all our members.